Suspended Solids Monitor - SoliSense®
Whatever level of suspended solids or turbidity monitoring you want to measure, the SoliSense® is the solution. A sophisticated sensor that ranges from 0.02 NTU (FTU) to 8% solids, this turbidimeter suspended solids monitor, is the solution, and is unique in its ability to measure from NTU to percent solids in one sensor. Suitable for potable water monitoring, filter monitoring, mixed liquor suspended solids monitoring, return activated sludge, centrate monitoring, filtrate monitoring, sludge, and many more applications where a traditional turbidimeter or suspended solids analyzer would be used.
With the SoliSense® range of Suspended Solids/Turbidity analyzers you get a world's first sensor. The first sensor to successfully incorporate four measuring technologies. For multiple measuring ranges the one sensor can monitor Turbidity and Suspended Solids from 0.02 NTU to 8% solids in one sensor. A less expensive SoliSense® is available for 0-10 NTU.
Suspended Solids Analyser Key Benefits
- Autoclean optical sensor
- Stable and reliable - excellent process control
- Suitable for all potable, waste and process waters
- Up to 6 months between maintenance
- Up to 3 months between calibration
- From 0.02 NTU to 8% Solids
The SoliSense® suspended solids sensors are available with different controllers giving you the same great performance with different communication, display, and control options. With the SoliSense range of suspended solids meters, you get everything that you need - and nothing that you don't, without sacrificing the quality of measurement.
Suspended Solids Monitor
- High Quality and Multilingual
- Lowest Purchase Cost
- Up to 3 sensors
- up to 3 4-20mA outputs
- up to 4 relays (solid state or mechanical)
- modbus TCP
- modbus ASCII/RTU
- flow switch input
- PID control
Suspended Solids Analyser
- High Quality and Multilingual
- Low Cost
- Colour Display and Keypad
- Sophisticated Comms and Control
All CRONOS options plus:
- texting alarms
- remote internet access
- automatic cleaning
- automatic calibration
- up to 6 sensors and outputs
- integrated flow control
Suspended Solids Meter
- High Quality and Multilingual
- Medium Cost
- Colour Touchscreen
- Up to 12 Sensors
All CRONOS and CRIUS® options plus:
- up to 12 sensors
- lowest cost per point
Suspended Solids Meter Principle of Operation
The SoliSense® Turbidity Meter Suspended Solids Analyser instrument uses two light emitters and four detectors arranged around a circular aperture. This eliminates interference from extraneous light sources and compensates for detector soiling and the ageing of the optical modules. The arrangement of this 8 beam technology allows measurement of the light transmitted, scattered or reflected by a medium. This allows for the most precise measurement of turbidity or suspended solids in a liquid from 0.02 NTU up to 8% solids! For suspended solids greater than 8% please see our dry solids analyser.
The SoliSense® suspended solids meter is suitable for dip monitoring, in line monitoring and flow through monitoring. For an at line turbidimeter, please click here, Turbidimeters.
Each probe is equipped with 2 light sources and 4 detectors. Each light source uses long-life emitters (at least 20,000 operating hours), and these are turned off when not required to conserve energy and extend the life.
By using multiple light emitters and detectors in a single probe it is possible to:
- Measure solids from 0.02 NTU to 8% solids
- Monitor and compensate for fouling of the optics
- Monitor and compensate for aging of the optics
- Measure the forward scattering of light (low NTU values)
- Measure the side scattering of light (ISO7027 requires a 90° side scatter measurement). (NTU)
- Measure transmitted light (low % solids)
- Measure the back scatter of light (higher % solids)
The electronics provide a fully scalable output allowing the SoliSense® to measure any part, or the whole of the scale from 0.02 NTU to 8% solids. The sensor probe comes equipped with the capability of having a water jet regularly sweep over the optical lenses keeping them clean. If you have an application that ranges from low NTU all the way to %age solids then the SoliSense® is certainly the monitor for you! With only 3 or 4 calibration points you can accurately monitor your process all the way from low NTU to medium solids.
The probes are stainless steel and are built to work in the demanding environment of a WwTW. If you want to monitor solids at any point in your waste water treatment plant, this instrument has the self cleaning sensor and accessories to do it, even if other instruments have failed.
With the SoliSense® range of Suspended Solids Meters you get a world's first sensor. The first sensor to successfully incorporate four measuring technologies. For multiple measuring ranges the one sensor can monitor Turbidity and Suspended Solids from 0.02 NTU to 8% solids in one sensor. A less expensive SoliSense® is available for 0-10 NTU.
- Inlet monitoring (turbidity 1-4,000 NTU)
- Effluent monitoring (suspended solids 1-1,000 mg/l)
- Distribution monitoring (turbidity 1-100 NTU)
- Hydrant monitoring (turbidity 1-20,000 NTU)
- Fire hydrant monitoring (turbidity 1-20,000 NTU)
Traditional monitoring applications where the SoliSense® is particularly suited:
- RAS (Return Activated Sludge)
- MLSS (Mixed Liquor Suspended Solids)
- WAS (Waste Activated Sludge)
- Thickened sludge
The SoliSense® is both autoranging and user selectable, so from the single suspended solids sensor you can choose, for example 0-2 NTU, 0-2000mg/l, or 0-8%. The top and the bottom end of the range are completely independent, so between 0 NTU or 8% suspended solids the user is completely free to choose the range that they are interested in.
For UK and all other enquiries:
For North American enquiries:
- Low cost, highly sophisticated analyzer/controller from Pi - 'everything you need - and nothing you don't'
- Residual Chlorine Analysers - Auto-flushed with Success
- Pi launches the World's first in-situ self-verifying Dissolved Oxygen meter
- Pi thanked by Prime Minister Gordon Brown
- Process Instruments scoops Innovation Award for Chlorine Analyser
- Green instrumentation helps the environment and could revolutionise the Water Industry
- Residual Chlorine Analysers flood into Northern Ireland
- Process Instruments awarded Northern Ireland deal for chlorine analysers
- Process Instruments clinch prestigious innovation award
- Rising stars provide instrumentation in Egypt
- Process Instruments pools its expertise with AQS
- Particle Counters save thousands in reducing power usage in filter backwashes
- Process Instruments dive in with new pool disinfection control system
- Process Instruments goes green
- Process Instruments flush out paper mill sensor fouling problems
- Solutions flowing in for Scottish Water
- Would all customers be happier if their new instruments failed?
- Automatic pH Calibration now an affordable reality
- Instrumentation experts backed by the NWDA
- PODDS chooses Process Instruments
- Process Instruments provides analyser for Ahlstrom
- Process Instruments expand UK business development team
- Particle Counter saves Reverse Osmosis Plant
- Chemical giant chooses Process Instruments
- Online total dry solids measurement just got easy
- Residual Chlorine Analyser that likes to chat!